The Axis of the Iranian Islamist Regime and Armenian Nationalism
This article presents the origins of and the recent developments in the alliance between Iran, on one side, and Armenian diaspora nationalists and the government of Armenia on the other. The use of Armenian nationalism by Iran started with the first Shah of the Pahlavi dynasty, but the Islamic Republic of Iran developed and intensified those ties. Building on the success of Azerbaijan in the April conflict of 2016, the liberation of its previously occupied territories in 2020, the full reconstitution of the Türkiye–Azerbaijan– Israel triangle, and the weakening of Russia since 2022, this article explains the reinforcement of the ties between the partners and the unprecedented rise of Iranian aggressiveness against Azerbaijan.
- 08/08/2023 Call for Submissions- Caucasus Strategic Perspectives, Volume 4, Issue 2, Winter 2023 102 views
- 12/26/2022 New issue of CSP Journal: “Building Bridges over Caspian: South Caucasus-Central Asia Cooperation” 224 views
- 10/14/2020 Vicious Circle of the South Caucasus: Intra-Regional Conflicts and Geopolitical Heterogeneity 1891 views
- 10/14/2020 Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy 1651 views
- 10/14/2020 The Non-Aligned Movement: In Pursuit of Validity and Relevance in the Contemporary Global Order 1614 views
- 07/18/2022 The Russia–Ukraine War: Perspective of Azerbaijan 1264 views