Role of Turkey in the Post-War South Caucasus
The geopolitical situation in the South Caucasus region has significantly changed following the Second Karabakh War. This commentary analyses the role of Turkey in regional cooperation with the aim of creating a stable and secure environment and further argues that Turkey has become a proactive actor and a game changer for the region. The commentary stresses the fact that Turkey is redefining its status and position in the South Caucasus. The key argument is that Turkey’s role, potential, and contribution can be evaluated within the framework of opportunities and challenges, and explained with reference to the nature of its bilateral relations with the countries of the region.
- 01/16/2024 Call for Submissions-Caucasus Strategic Perspectives, Volume 5, Issue 1, Summer 2024 148 views
- 08/08/2023 Call for Submissions- Caucasus Strategic Perspectives, Volume 4, Issue 2, Winter 2023 384 views
- 10/14/2020 Vicious Circle of the South Caucasus: Intra-Regional Conflicts and Geopolitical Heterogeneity 2226 views
- 07/18/2022 The Russia–Ukraine War: Perspective of Azerbaijan 1984 views
- 10/14/2020 Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy 1931 views
- 10/14/2020 The Non-Aligned Movement: In Pursuit of Validity and Relevance in the Contemporary Global Order 1921 views