Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy
The commentary explains the conceptual basis of and the reasons why non-alignment is still relevant for the Azerbaijan’s foreign policy. This commentary concludes that Azerbaijan’s non-aligned stance is strongly rooted in a pragmatic understanding of the strategic opportunities embedded in and around the region. This stance was motivated by the fragility of the regional security environment and dictated by Azerbaijan’s historical, cultural, and linguistic ties, religious affiliation, and geographic allocation.
- 08/08/2023 Call for Submissions- Caucasus Strategic Perspectives, Volume 4, Issue 2, Winter 2023 194 views
- 12/26/2022 New issue of CSP Journal: “Building Bridges over Caspian: South Caucasus-Central Asia Cooperation” 273 views
- 10/14/2020 Vicious Circle of the South Caucasus: Intra-Regional Conflicts and Geopolitical Heterogeneity 1990 views
- 10/14/2020 Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy 1727 views
- 10/14/2020 The Non-Aligned Movement: In Pursuit of Validity and Relevance in the Contemporary Global Order 1697 views
- 07/18/2022 The Russia–Ukraine War: Perspective of Azerbaijan 1529 views