Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy
The commentary explains the conceptual basis of and the reasons why non-alignment is still relevant for the Azerbaijan’s foreign policy. This commentary concludes that Azerbaijan’s non-aligned stance is strongly rooted in a pragmatic understanding of the strategic opportunities embedded in and around the region. This stance was motivated by the fragility of the regional security environment and dictated by Azerbaijan’s historical, cultural, and linguistic ties, religious affiliation, and geographic allocation.
- 01/28/2021 Call for Submissions: Caucasus Strategic Perspectives Volume 2, Issue 1, Summer 2021 685 views
- 10/14/2020 Vicious Circle of the South Caucasus: Intra-Regional Conflicts and Geopolitical Heterogeneity 947 views
- 10/14/2020 Relevance of Non-Alignment for Azerbaijan’s Foreign and Security Policy 586 views
- 10/14/2020 The Non-Aligned Movement: In Pursuit of Validity and Relevance in the Contemporary Global Order 421 views
- 10/14/2020 Non-alignment and Azerbaijan’s Energy Export Policy 309 views